Righteous defined: tsadiyq, tsad deek= the just, the lawful, righteous, to do what is right- in conduct, character, as justified by God, correct, to be blameless, innocent – right living before God.
Those who lead blamelesslives and do what is right,
speaking the truth from sincere hearts.
Those who refuse to gossip
or harm their neighbor
or speak evil of their friends
Those who feed the hungry
and help those in trouble
“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments”
1. Righteousness is our weapon for the right hand and our defense on the left. It protects us from attacks 2 Cor 6:6-7. How cool is that!
2. Righteousness is our armor, it helps us resist the enemy in the time of evil- fights off our enemy and our accuser
3. Righteousness is a gift promised and given to us by God to those who live by the Spirit. It is received by faith in Christ Jesus. Is your faith expressing itself in love? Galatians 5:5-6
4. Righteousness is a fruit of peace. Godly discipline yields righteousness. Heb 12:11
5. The righteous have a path to walk on where they will not fall- it is called the path of justice, the steps of a good man Hosea 14:9 Proverbs 8:20 Proverbs 2:20
6. Righteousness is a seed! And it produces a harvest of love. When we plant peace and righteousness, we produce a crop of love. Hosea 10:12 Plant it!
7. It’s a gift. But God has given us the gift of righteousness, and when we receive this righteousness, we will triumph!!!!! Over sin! And death! Through Jesus! Amen and auhhmen! God’s wonderful Grace and His Gift of Righteousness brings triumph over sin and death THROUGH THIS ONE MAN, JESUS CHRIST. So because this one person obeyed God, many will be made righteous Romans 5:17-19Without Christ we are all a bunch of sinners!!!
8. Righteousness and truth together keep us grounded and able to resist all evil–our protection. Righteousness keeps you grounded in God’s word
9. Faker Alert! Watch out for pretenders! Some servants disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. “You like to appear righteous in public, but God knows your hearts your hearts are filled with hypocrisy and lawlessness “.2 Cor 11:15 Luke 16:15 Matthew 23:28
10.I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.” Luke 5:32 Mark 2:17 “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”
11. Be a slave to righteousness so you will become holy. Whatever you allow to rule in your life, you become a slave to. What rules in your life? Oh, you don’t like that servant word? In Matthew 20, Jesus said Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many” The apostles considered themselves servants: Paul, a servant of God; James, a servant of God ; Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ; Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ –NLT changes servant to slave, but the question is? Who do you serve? Romans 6:19 . Choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living: You’re a slave to whatever you choose to obey!!!! Right living? Or wrong? Romans 6:18 you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.
12. Your works don’t make your righteous, but it is because of your faith in God who forgives sinners. Romans 4:5
13.Righteousness is available because Jesus went to the Father “ He (the Holy Spirit) will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me. Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more. Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. John 16:8-11. Righteousness is only through Jesus, not of our own doing, that we should boast.
14. Abraham was counted a righteous because of his faith Romans 4:22
15.We are to live in this evil world with righteousness and being fully committed to doing good deeds Titus 2 :12-14 – faith without works is dead- don’t pass up an opportuntity
16. Who declares me righteous? God does, and He did this through Jesus Christ when he freed us from the penalty of our sins. Romans 3:24
17. None of us were really righteous – no, not even one. The law was given to keep us from thinking we were so perfect and to point out in us, our sins. You see, we were all guilty before God. The Law shows us how sinful we are. Romans 3 :10-20 As the Scriptures say, “No one is righteous— not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good,not a single one.” “Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave.Their tongues are filled with lies.” Snake venom drips from their lips.” “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”“They rush to commit murder. Destruction and misery always follow them. They don’t know where to find peace.”“They have no fear of God at all.”
18. Things the righteous do: feed the hungry, give those who thirst a drink, visit those in prison, showing hospitality to strangers, visit the sick Matthew 25
19. Key! Righteousness and Peace are key: righteousness will bring peace, Righteousness and peace have kissed! seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness this righteousness will bring peace. Yes, it will bring quietness and confidence forever ,Crop of love and brings quietness and confidence forever. I need that. Psalm 85:10 Isaiah 32:17 James 3:18
20. Righteous people live by faith Habakkuk 2:4 The proud trust in themselves, and their lives are crooked
21. Warning: If the righteous turn back to evil they will die! Some people have erased this scripture- you will die if you turn back to your own ways – watch out! Once Saved…Always Saved???? It’s time to tremble….It’s time to fear God and turn from our ways. It’s terrifying before Him. Watch out! Ez 33
22. Promises for righteous living!!!! He will give you everything you need, and whoever pursues righteousness and unfailing love will find life, righteousness and honor. Matt 6:66Proverbs 21:21
23. “But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven! Matthew 5:20 This scares me
The righteousness of God is Holy and Pure. It does not give us an excuse to think ourselves better than others, nor does it mean we are not capable of sin. Some “Christians” think that they are without sin, yes, it’s true. I’ve heard it :“I don’t sin” and with this, they believe in their own self righteousness. They may also look down on others who do confess their sins and yet many others hide and want us to believe they are without sin. If you really think you are without sin – it’s time to wake up- because that it is a warning sign that you need to stop and ask God to check your heart. To think we are without sin, is a a lie from the devil, it masks our knowledge and understanding which further pulls us from the Lord. Yes, at times I’ve heard the thought – “you’re without sin, you have no sin to confess”…then I go to the Lord and ask Him to show me any unconfessed sin in there – and sure enough! There is always something to be found. Maybe I’ve hurt someone’s feelings, maybe I’ve had wrong motives – all these hidden things are sins before the Lord. We need to clean out our heart and confess our sins if we want to continue walking with the Lord. Listen to Him. It’s crushing when the Lord points something out to me. It feels terrible, yet humbling- but the Lord is good and He is always there with me while working out my salvation and I know I can count on this, that God, who began the good work within me, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Let me put it in other words, the law is written in Exodus to show us what sinners we really are. No? really? Okay anger is like murder, you don’t get angry at anyone? How about saying God’s name in vain? Do you gossip? Do you judge others? Do you demand your own way? Do you put anything before God? Tv? Internet? Video games? That’s idol worship. Do you covet? Do you lie? Little lie? Avoidance lie? all for peace lie? don’t want to hurt feelings lie? There are lots of lies, in fact I caught myself lying yesterday. Its horrible! I know. (Who’s judging me?) My daughter said, “did you eat any of my easter candy!?!” Uhmmmm……so I quickly thought, if I say yes, she will throw a tantrum and my husband is home so he will hear it and I will get a lecture on the candy then he will give all the candy back to her and will be on a sugar high for days which will drive me crazy! or I will get reprimanded and told to give her all her easter candy back and then I will open my big mouth back in opposition and then out it came “no, I didn’t eat any of your candy” yikes! I just lied, but it was for peace, but it was a lie. And who is the father of all lies. I should have said the truth. Maybe it wouldn’t have turned out the way. But in all fairness, I did admit to eating a reeses pieces egg from her basket the night before. But I was still wrong. One right doesn’t cover the other wrong.
I’m afraid some have turned the gift of righteousness into a pathway to pride or maybe bitterness as one of the scriptures indicates in Amos 6:12 and 5:7. Let us remember that God has no favorites among us. Let us remember he is patiently waiting for the wicked to turn from their ways and come back to Him- and shouldn’t we have that same expectation? Let us remember that the sun rises on both the righteous and the wicked. God eagerly awaits those we consider “worthless” to be great in value. Don’t you remember the scripture that there is great joy when just 1 sinner repent than rest of us righteous who haven’t strayed away. Let us humble ourselves before God and truly consider our ways, treating each person as if they were Jesus – the homeless, the poor, the lost, the needy, the thirsty, the orphans, and the hungry.
The bible says if we do anything that we know is wrong – it is a sin. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. If we say we have no sin, there is no truth in us. Anything we do that we know is wrong is a sin. If you say you have no sin you are lying, but we know that Jesus came to take away our sins, and there is no sin in him. – Live Right for Jesus!
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep your servant from deliberate sins. Don’t let them control me. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing unto you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.