I received two emails yesterday on a new game children are playing ( and just found out kids are playing this game in my child’s class- as young as 8) It’s similar to using the oujia board and from reports, the children are becoming possessed. The game only needs a sheet of paper and 2 pencils, they call on a spirit to move the pencils to answer the question. Here’s the newest fad and information, please pass on the warning to others. I listed 3 sources below, please take the time to review link – unfortunately we must warn even the youngest ones from these dangers. ( I would be careful when watching the videos)
- Source and information Warning demonic game charlie gaining popularity among kids
The name has been searched on Google more than any other event. Teens have even been posting videos of them doing the “Charlie, Charlie Challenge.”The game has been around for a long time in Latin America, although it is just now recently gaining popularity here through social media.
- Source and for more information: cbn.com Kid’s summoning demon in new social media craze
A new occultic social media trend has gone viral, challenging kids to attempt to summon a demon.The homemade game is similar to using a Oujia board, and it’s called the “Charlie Charlie Challenge.”It involves putting two pencils on a piece of paper in the shape of a cross, and writing the words “yes” and “no” in the boxes outlined by the pencils.The participants then summon what they say is a Mexican demon called Charlie, attempting to ask him questions for guidance for their lives.**CB
- Source and for more information: Patheos.com Catholic News: Is charlie charlie a harmless game? exorcist says absolutely NOT
Spanish exorcist Jose Antonio Fortea told ACI Prensa that the so-called #CharlieCharlieChallenge involves the very real, occult practice of “calling on spirits.”In an interview May 27, he warned that “some spirits who are at the root of that practice will harass some of those who play the game.” Even though the priest thinks that players “won’t be possessed” necessarily, the spirit that has been invoked “will stay around for a while.”Fr. Fortea also warned that playing the game “will result in other spirits beginning to enter into even more frequent communication.”“And so then the person really can suffer much worse consequences from the demons,” he said.Catholic experts have noted that occult activity and the resulting need for exorcisms has reached a critical level worldwide.The International Association of Exorcists (AIE) met for their 12th annual conference in Rome last October. According to AIE spokesperson Dr. Valter Cascioli, an increasing number of bishops and cardinals asked to participate in the conference due to an increase in demonic activity.
- And do not let your people practice fortune-telling, or use sorcery, or interpret omens, or engage in witchcraft, or cast spells, or function as mediums or psychics, or call forth the spirits of the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord. DT 18:10
- The nations you are about to displace consult sorcerers and fortune-tellers, but the Lordyour God forbids you to do such things.Deuteronomy 18:14
- When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Galations 5:19-20
- Many who became believers confessed their sinful practices. A number of them who had been practicing sorcery brought their incantation books and burned them at a public bonfire. Acts 19:19
- Household gods give worthless advice,fortune-tellers predict only lies, and interpreters of dreams pronounce falsehoods that give no comfort. So my people are wandering like lost sheep; they are attacked because they have no shepherd.Zechariah 10:2
- I will put an end to all witchcraft, and there will be no more fortune-tellers Micah 5:12