BEWARE of Temptation, Don’t even ponder the thought. (Prov 5) As a Christian, you are to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, you are not to follow the leading of your flesh. One leads to life and one leads to death.
Today, you must chose – life or death?
But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. Matthew 5
(Take a look at your thought life- the books you read, the movies you see and the shows you watch – is it holy? Be simple to what is evil and wise to what is good Rom 16:9)
Do not commit adultery (or allow yourself it to enter your thoughts ) Exodus 20. Mat 5
- It destroys your soul
- Adultery fills you with dishonor
- Your reproach will never be wiped away
- It reduces you to a crust of bread
- brings fire to your bosom
- Makes you guilty
- Her house will lead you to death
- You will not regain your path
- It’s a trap to destroy you
- It’s a sin against your own body 1 Cor 6:18
- makes you deserving of death Romans 1
- you will have no place in the Kingdom of God 1 Cor 6:9-10
- It is a deep pit, a narrow well that lies in wait for it’s victims (Prov 23)
- war against your own soul 2 peter 2:11
- This sin will take over and rule you, reign over your body so you obey it’s sinful lusts Romans 6:12
In Proverbs 5. God says ” Don’t do it” The Lord watches all your paths, He considers every action you take, He knows your thoughts from afar off. ” Don’t let iniquities trap you, don’t be caught in the cords of sin, without instruction you shall die and go astray”
I have seen people’s lives reduced to a crust of bread because they strayed and chose the wrong path. Teach your children the dangers of falling into temptation. Train your daughter to be holy and pure.
My son, pay attention to my wisdom;
Lend your ear to my understanding,
That you may preserve discretion,
And your lips may keep knowledge.
For the lips of an immoral woman drip honey,
And her mouth is smoother than oil;
But in the end she is bitter as wormwood,
Sharp as a two-edged sword.
Her feet go down to death,
Her steps lay hold of hell.
Lest you ponder her path of life—
Her ways are unstable;
You do not know them.
Therefore hear me now, my children,
And do not depart from the words of my mouth.
Remove your way far from her,
And do not go near the door of her house,
Lest you give your honor to others,
And your years to the cruel one;
Lest aliens be filled with your wealth,
And your labors go to the house of a foreigner;
And you mourn at last,
When your flesh and your body are consumed,
“How I have hated instruction,
And my heart despised correction!
I have not obeyed the voice of my teachers,
Nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!
I was on the verge of total ruin,
In the midst of the assembly and congregation.”
Drink water from your own cistern,
And running water from your own well.
Should your fountains be dispersed abroad,
Streams of water in the streets?
Let them be only your own,
And not for strangers with you.
Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
As a loving deer and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love.
For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman,
And be embraced in the arms of a seductress?
For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord,
And He ponders all his paths.
His own iniquities entrap the wicked man,
And he is caught in the cords of his sin.
He shall die for lack of instruction,
And in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray. Proverbs 5
In 2013, I heard the Lord say:
“You don’t realize that I am watching you. I am watching all of you. Your sinful deeds are all around you, and I, the Lord, see them all. You entertain each other with wickedness and lies and many of you are aflame with lust. Yet, as I watch and listen, not one of you cries out to me. You continue to mingle with godless foreigners and you made yourself as worthless as a half baked cake. Are you for me or do you long for the things of this world? Have they filled your heart so much that you no longer desire me? Haven’t you read the warnings? My people have become lukewarm.
Do you cowardly cringe when you say the name of my Son Jesus? If you deny Him, He will surely deny you before ME. What sorrow awaits those who desert ME. For I sent My only Beloved Son FOR YOU, Yet you consider it as nothing. My fury is about to be poured out like boiling water from an overturned pot. How much longer shall I call out to you?
My heart weeps for you. If you would only open your eyes and see how much I LOVE YOU. You seek me, but you don’t find me. You have looked everywhere but you your sins have weighed you down, you carry them around as ropes tied to you. When will you confess?- for I am an all forgiving God- and Savior. But you don’t admit your wrongs. Have you not heard that there is no sacrifice that will cover your deliberate continual sinning? You don’t cry out to me with sincere hearts.
Dear Lord, Keep me from presumptuous sins, let them not have dominion over me, then I shall be upright and I shall be innocent from great transgression. In Jesus name,Amen
HEAR THE WORD OF THE LORD:
- For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit. 1 thes 4:3-8
- Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh. But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him. Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Cor 6: 15-20
- Do not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. 1 Cor 5:10
To read more about the warnings and pitfalls of lust: https://prepareforthelamb.wordpress.com/2013/12/07/the-lust-of-the-flesh-the-lust-of-the-eyes-and-the-pride-of-life-is-not-of-the-father-but-is-of-the-world/