The Lord says;
My people are foolish,
they do not know me,
they are stupid children with no understanding,
they are so clever at doing wrong
and have no idea how to do right!”
You have left me as a prostitute leaves her husband;
you are utterly defiled.
Your deeds won’t let you return to your God.
You are a prostitute through and through,
and you do not know the Lord.
(Hosea 5- to the priests and leaders)
This scripture isn’t directed at the world or unbelievers, it’s directed at believer’s, God’s people , His leaders, priests and teachers. Check yourselves for foolishness, falling astray or following the world and it’s ways.
Consider carefully the parable of the seeds, have you gotten off track with worries, cares of life, materialism – have your ideas of right and wrong gotten twisted? Remember also the craftiness of satan in the garden, be careful and continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.(Read Phil 2) Consider Matthew 13, think carefully…..
A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed:
(1) some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up
(2) Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.
(3) Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants
(4) Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
“Listen then to what the parable of the sower means:
(1) When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path.
(2) The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy, But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
(3) The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.
(4) But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.”
Which one are you?
Which one do you want to be?
Which one do you need to be careful of?
- Open your bible and read it, make it part of your every day
- Test everything you see and hear (even at church, tv-televangelists , at bible studies)
- Do not join in the worlds wicked ways
- Do not be like the world, remember satan is god of this world (2 Cor 4)
- Be wise to what is good and simple to what is evil (Romans 16)
- Our sin defiles everything we do (Haggai 2)
- Return to the Lord your God, for he is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He is eager to relent and not punish (joel 2:13)
- Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God, for your sins have brought you down. Bring your confessions, and return to the Lord. Say to him, Hosea 14:1-2
- REPENT Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.(Luke 3:8) ” I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent.” Luke 5:32
- REPENT if you’ve done wrong ” “If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.”
- BE QUICK TO FORGIVE (Read Matthew 18)
I had a dream a few years ago, I stood on a bank of a fast flowing river. It seemed like I had just watched a live version of the bible stories up until Noah’s day. In the water, I saw bits and pieces of wood, people’s material things – just everything scattered among the people moving quickly in the water’s current. It was a great and strong current moving very quickly, everything had been engulfed in it. I was standing and watching everything moving past me, I looked up I saw a man on the other side of the water. He was dressed in white and had his hands outstretched .I heard him say “I call them back, I call them back”