Put on your shoes of Peace –Your armor….And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.Eph 6:15
Protect yourself against the schemes, traps and wiles of the enemy
Before I show you what the Lord showed me about our armor, I have a message for some of you : You have been anointed, now act like it…if this speaks to you, here is more: The enemy is after you and has laid out many traps ahead. Stay focused on the Lord and cling to Him, do not depart.
Okay, on to the shoes of peace. To be honest, when I studied this armor stuff I didn’t quite understand it, okay the basic teaching maybe, but I had a lot of questions, and I asked..continually.and one by one the Lord began to teach me. I’d say–shoes? How does that relate to the preparation of the gospel? I thought this had something to do with this verse:
Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns! And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace (amplified)
So I kind of disregarded the shoes, I figured, I’m not on a mountain, and I’m not a missionary – so maybe it’s not for me…. until one day in church, the Holy Spirit spoke to me. I was standing next to someone who really annoyed me. I remember standing there mad as those around me sang their praise, I stood and told the Lord how annoyed I was (and it was because I wasn’t getting my own way). I immediately heard “put on your shoes of peace”. I knew instantly that I was to make peace, control myself, change my attitude and be quiet. I just knew, however, I really didn’t want to do that, I would have much rather done something else. I obeyed, and I regret that I didn’t obey with a good attitude. The Lord supernaturally blessed me that day with many blessings as I walked in obedience. I understood that the shoes of peace are so much more than we can imagine.
“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns” Maybe I now understand that my life is my testimony and the way I behave sends out a message of the good news of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that wins souls is wise Prov 11:30
I am so excited about this new key to protection I have discovered as I studied our armor and warfare… it seems so simple, yet it is so powerful. And this is what I have discovered: Peace is a protector, Peace protects us, (and this peace if from the Lord) it closes a door to the enemy. There is a supernatural link and key between peace and righteousness (right living) that protects those who fear the Lord.
If you want protection from your enemy and his traps, you must live your life in obedience. Always searching and working hard to maintain a peaceful life in all circumstances and living a life of righteousness and right living. This peace is a gift and a blessing given to you from the Lord God and His Son Jesus.
( fyi: There are many messages with truth about the shoes- however, I am specifically focusing on the power and protection of the blessing of the shoes of Peace the Lord gives. AND there is a difference between the peace the world offers and peace the Lord gives us. Living in peace that the Lord Jesus has given us doesn’t give us an excuse not to stand up for truth or fight for righteousness- this we must do. Speak up for justice and righteousness, in love. Peace the Lord gives is real and true peace, it is our protection and much more.)
Righteousness + Peace = Supernatural Protection
Right living in obedience + being a peacemaker = God’s supernatural protection for us from enemy attacks
Its true! Righteousness and Peace have kissed each other: Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other. Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps. Ps 85:10-13
Do you see the connection between peace and right living –and it’s all intertwined like a puzzle as we study our armor. Peace (shoes) and Righteousness (breastplate) need to be worn at all times, we can’t have one without the other. Notice the righteousness in the verse above goes before him AND SHALL SET US IN THE WAY OF HIS STEPS. Righteousness and peace protect us, keep us on God’s path and set us in the way of His steps. Okay, can you tell I’m so excited about this! For right now, I want to dive deeper into peace and then righteousness another time because there is much to learn about this peace- our shoes we put on with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
What happens when we listen to His commands? We will have peace and righteousness! Isaiah 48:18Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.
How can we reap a harvest of righteousness? By being peacemakers James 3:18And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness
What does righteousness bring? Isaiah 32:17And this righteousness will bring peace. Yes, it will bring quietness and confidence forever.
More on Peace and Righteousness: For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2 and to him Abraham apportioned a tenth part of everything. He is first, by translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then he is also king of Salem, that is, king of peace. He is without father or mother or genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God he continues a priest forever Heb 7:1-3
Am I making sense? You see, if we live right, obey God and work hard for peace- this gives us protection. Think about it this way. Imagine you are really upset or angry with someone. If you obey God’s word and work at peace and forgive as the Lord has told us to, the enemy has no open door to come in and bother you. However, if you lose control and say things you don’t want to – watch out because sin is waiting at the door for an opportunity to take over and master you. Obedience pays off, the Lord’s words don’t fail, surely we reap what we sow.
Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. Message version of Eph 6:13-18
Rewards of Peace:
Proof! Peace protects us.
- Protection and Peace come from the Lord Jeremiah 16:5
- Following God’s commands gives you the ability to endure the pressures and go in peace Exodus 18:23
- God’s peace protects us on every side 1 Kings 5:4
- Submit to God and you will have peace, then things will go well for you Job 22:21 (Submit to God and the enemy will flee)
- He brings me to His rest, it is not on my own power Psalm 23:2
- Want peace? Search for it and work to maintain it. Keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies. Ps 29
- Peace is a blessing from the Lord.The Lord watches over all who do right and he hears their cries Psalm 29:11The LORD gives his people strength. The LORD blesses them with peace. Come, my children, and listen to me, and I will teach you to fear the Lord. Does anyone want to live a life that is long and prosperous? Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies!
- Peace takes effort on your part- you have to search for it and maintain it . Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it. The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right; his ears are open to their cries for help. But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil; he will erase their memory from the earth. The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken! Calamity will surely overtake the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be punished.22 But the Lord will redeem those who serve him. No one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.
- A wonderful future awaits those who love Peace. Psalm 37:37 Look at those who are honest and good, for a wonderful future awaits those who love peace I listen carefully to what God the Lord is saying, for he speaks peace to his faithful people. But let them not return to their foolish ways. Surely his salvation is near to those who fear him, so our land will be filled with his glory. Ps 85
- Fear of the Lord + Right living + Peace = Supernatural protection Ps 85
- Righteousness + Peace = staying on God’s path Ps 85
- Unfailing love and truth have met together. Righteousness and peace have kissed! Ps 85
- Peace is given to those who love the Lord’s instructions and it will keep them from stumbling. Psalm 119:165
- Planning peace fills a heart with joy, plotting evil fills a heart with deceit Pr 12:20
- Peace brings health: Proverbs 14:30A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.
- You can have peace with your enemies when you live your life to please the Lord:Proverbs 16:7When people’s lives please the LORD, even their enemies are at peace with them.
- The Lord’s teaching brings Peace upon our childrenIsaiah 54:13I will teach all your children, and they will enjoy great peace.
- If you work for peace and do your best to maintain peace, the Lord will bless you and you will be called children of God.Matthew 5:9
- Jesus has left us with this gift:John 14:27“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
- Peace protects our mind and heart and keeps us from being troubled or afraid.
- You can have peace in storms and sorrowsJohn 16:33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
- Peace with the Fear of the Lord is a powerful combinationActs 9:31 The church then had peace throughout Judea, Galilee, and Samaria, and it became stronger as the believers lived in the fear of the Lord. And with the encouragement of the Holy Spirit, it also grew in numbers.
- For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace rom 8:6
- We are to live a life of peace and Joy in the Holy spirit Romans 14:17 For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
- Only God can fill us with peace because we trust in Him and this joy and peace will produce and overflow of confident hope the power of the Holy Spirit.Romans 15:13
- Gal 5:22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
- Discipline results in a peaceful harvest of right living Hebrews 12:11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.
- Peacemakers reap a harvest of righteousness!James 3:18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
- His peace guards us: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus Phil 4:6-7
- Being a peacemaker takes work and you have to maintain this peace. Search for it. 1 Peter3 10-13
- Peace (grace and mercy) comes from God the Father and from Jesus the Son of the Father 1 J 1:3
- The work of righteousness shall be peace and the effect of righteousness is -quietness and assurance forever! Is 32:17-20
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. “Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other” But as he came closer to Jerusalem and saw the city ahead, he began to weep. “How I wish today that you of all people would understand the way to peace. But now it is too late, and peace is hidden from your eyes. Romans 14:17, Luke 12:51, Luke 19
What can I learn?
Peace protects us, fills us with joy, keeps us healthy, guarantees us a wonderful future, keeps us from stumbling, brings blessings, protects our mind and heart and keeps us from being troubled or afraid, brings righteousness, fills your heart with joy.
Peace is attained through the Lord by our obedience, our searching for it, Peace is given to those who love the Lord’s instructions and Fear Him.
So here’s the final question: What part of your life do you need to work on in order for God’s peace to reign? How can you be a peacemaker and please the Lord your God and Maker?
And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly.The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of evil avoid it, do not travel on it;
Turn away from it and pass on Keep your heart with all diligence,For out of it spring the issues of life.
Put away from you a deceitful mouth,
And put perverse lips far from you.
Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established.
Do not turn to the right or the left;Remove your foot from evil.
May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.
- KNOW YOUR ENEMY Ephesians 6 -Be wise to his schemes (prepareforthelamb.wordpress.com)