What is Babylon????????
1 Peter 5:8: Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour
Reader Bonnie asked me this today- a good question! I’m sure we all have ideas and theories, but what is Babylon? What is the babylon of the last days? I had this same question on my page “4 Lions and a Storm“. I know the lion represents Babylon, but what is this lion that we are to be careful of? What or who is Babylon? The Lord is sending out a strong message and warning about this deceiver.
I see three different, yet similar Babylons- the first- we know as the tower of confusion in Genesis, then we see it as an enemy of Israel/Judah when the Lord used them to punish His people, then lastly we see it as God’s enemy to be destroyed finally in the last days. Who are they? What is it? What does the Lord want us to understand? Let’s take some scripture and see what we can discover.
A GREAT DECEIVER!
According to Scripture( I listed below):
Babylon is a place and spoken to as a nation of peoples that is supernaturally lead by satan.(see verses below) It rules in anger and wants to take over the whole earth.(doesn’t that sound familiar?) I believe Babylon is an invisible army of wicked rulers who have deceived the people on earth to turn from God and worship other gods all the while they show pretentious face (remember Eph tells us we battle not against flesh and blood but against wicked rulers and principalities in the heavenlies ) According to scripture I found, we are told they act/pretend right and holy and fear the Lord but do not serve Him. This is only a front or cover for the wickedness, unfaithfulness and idolatry that fuels this people. It’s final demise will come at it’s greatest power, in what we know as the last days, or the day of the Lord. It is here where we see the King of Kings on a horse spoken of in Revelation 19. The winepress is the their blood – the punishment for their horrible wickedness and unfaithfulness
This also we know: They are against God, Enemies of Israel, rule in hatred and anger, they seem by outsiders as righteous or those who fear the Lord, but they do not love him or worship him, but instead have made up their own gods to serve, the are full of violence, they are master deceivers, pretending to be friends with you, not revealing that they want to devour you as a lion devours it’s prey, they were used by God to punish His people, it is a place where they held the Lord’s people captive –yet God’s people thrived there as they returned back to the Lord and repented, it is a mighty, beautiful and powerful city, a deceiver of nations, uses confusion to destroy God’s people, wants to rule all the nations and pour out it’s wrath upon them, . It is a strong fortress that wants you to trust in it and not in God. It is a city given great authority and power. And a definition straight from the Word of God: Babylon is the Mother of Harlots and the abomination of the earth.
Edom? The Church? 3 Part End times Babylon:
I’ve found scripture below and a few more if you look into it- that have me considering Edom/descendants of Esau (coming up from the Jordan River)- There seems to be puzzle pieces that can be put together with almost exact matching end time words that we see in Revelation concerning Edom- in Micah, Isaiah, Jeremiah and more. I also found scripture referring to Babylon that reminded me of the Church today. Consider this verse: Revelation 16:19: And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. (could Babylon be a 3 part system in the last days?) See video link below for more info on the Church.
Three horns in Daniel?
Could the three parts of Babylon have anything to do with the three horns mentioned in Daniel? Daniel 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things and Daniel 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows
We are told Babylon will one day be a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird because the King of Kings will come and Heaven will be VICTORIOUS!
Can I point them out? Can I show you on a map? I have not been given this information, I can only speculate, assume and wonder. I will give you what we are told and from there I believe you will understand what I am talking about and what the Lord is revealing.
1. Descendents of Ham through Cush who began the kingdom
2. When the people became one against God? Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. 7 Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.” 8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from there over the face of all the earth, and they ceased building the city. 9 Therefore its name is called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth; and from there the Lord scattered them abroad over the face of all the earth.
3. Defined by Strongs- Confusing, a mixing, Babylonian empire by the Euphrates
4. Some say it is Iraq
5. Some say it means the Gate of God
6. Enemies of Israel Joshua 7, 2 Kings 24, 2 Kings 25, Jer 20-21,
7. They served gods they had created but on the outside it seemed as if they Feared the Lord. “ They feared the Lord, yet served their own gods” 29 However every nation continued to make gods of its own, and put them in the shrines on the high places which the Samaritans had made, every nation in the cities where they dwelt. 30 The men of Babylon made Succoth Benoth…………… So they feared the Lord, and from every class they appointed for themselves priests of the high places, who sacrificed for them in the shrines of the high places. They feared the Lord, yet served their own gods. 2 k 17
8. They act as if they are your friend, but want to destroy you. Is 39, At that time Berodach-Baladan[a] the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent letters and a present to Hezekiah, for he heard that Hezekiah had been sick. And Hezekiah was attentive to them, and showed them all the house of his treasures—the silver and gold, the spices and precious ointment, and allb] his armory—all that was found among his treasures. There was nothing in his house or in all his dominion that Hezekiah did not show them.14 Then Isaiah the prophet went to King Hezekiah, and said to him, “What did these men say, and from where did they come to you?”So Hezekiah said, “They came from a far country, from Babylon.”15 And he said, “What have they seen in your house?”So Hezekiah answered, “They have seen all that is in my house; there is nothing among my treasures that I have not shown them.”16 Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, “Hear the word of the Lord: 17 ‘Behold, the days are coming when all that is in your house, and what your fathers have accumulated until this day, shall be carried to Babylon; nothing shall be left,’ says the Lord. 18 ‘And they shall take away some of your sons who will descend from you, whom you will beget; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.’”19 So Hezekiah said to Isaiah, “The word of the Lord which you have spoken is good!” For he said, “Will there not be peace and truth at least in my days?”
9. Used by God to punish the Lord’s people for disobedience, unfaithfulness 2 Kings 24,2 Kings 25, 1 Chronicles 9:1, ezra 5:12
10. Break down the house of the Lord 2 Kings 25 and it’s gates
11. A Far away city 2 Chro, 333,36
12. A City of Captivity 2 Chronicles 33-36
13. A city where the remnant and the prophet were taken to and lived amidst
14. A city that dwelt around another temple of a god they created
15. A powerful city
16. A place where God’s people wept, realized their sins and repented (well, some) Ps 137
17. The great and beautiful city (aka The Golden city) the Lord will come against in the last days Is 13 and Rev 19:11
18. Rules with anger Is 14
19. Compared to Lucifer Is 14- we can assume then it is a city, a people, a nation that is ruled by satan, and will fall like satan will fall- and then we can say it is disguised in light as he is- a deceive of people and of nations who rules with great anger
20. It’s ruler tries to ascend upon High, tries to put itself in the place of God Almighty Is 14
21. She makes all nations drink of her wrath rev 14:8 and for this she will fall
22. It is divided into three parts and on her was poured the wrath of God Rev 16:19
23. Mother of all harlots (rahab ps 87) and abominations on earth Rev 17:5
24. It will be a dwelling place for demon
25 A Lion!
For thus has the Lord said to me:
“Go, set a watchman,Let him declare what he sees.”
7 And he saw a chariot with a pair of horsemen,
A chariot of donkeys, and a chariot of camels,
And he listened earnestly with great care.
8 Then he cried, “A lion, my Lord!
I stand continually on the watchtower in the daytime;
I have sat at my post every night.
9 And look, here comes a chariot of men with a pair of horsemen!” Is 21Jeremiah 50:17“Israel is like scattered sheep; The lions have driven him away. First the king of Assyria devoured him; Now at last this Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon has broken his bones.”
26. Babylon is a strong fortress that wants you to trust in it and not in God- Get out and get away from Babylon- remember to Trust in the LordGo forth from Babylon!Flee from the Chaldeans!With a voice of singing,Declare, proclaim this,
Utter it to the end of the earth;Say, “The Lord has redeemed His servant Jacob!”21 And they did not thirst When He led them through the deserts;He caused the waters to flow from the rock for them;He also split the rock, and the waters gushed out.
27. A city given great authority and Power, Is, Jer 25,27
28. Mother of Harlots and the abomination of the earth
29. Dwelling place of demons, a prison for every fowl spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird rev 18 9
30. Full of violence rev 18 21 -A hammer of all the nations Jeremiah 50
31. Heaven is victorious over it rev 19
4 More Verses to Consider: –
Isaiah 34:6The sword of the LORD is drenched with blood and covered with fat— with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of rams prepared for sacrifice. Yes, the LORD will offer a sacrifice in the city of Bozrah. He will make a mighty slaughter in Edom.
Isaiah 63:1 Who is this who comes from Edom, from the city of Bozrah, with his clothing stained red? Who is this in royal robes, marching in his great strength? “It is I, the LORD, announcing your salvation! It is I, the LORD, who has the power to save!”
Jeremiah 49:21The earth will shake with the noise of Edom’s fall, and its cry of despair will be heard all the way to the Red SeaBehold, he (Edom/descendants of Esau) shall come up like a lion from the floodplain of the Jordan, against the dwelling place of the strong.but I will suddenly make him run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me? The earth is moved at the noise of their fall, at the cry the noise thereof was heard in the Red sea. Behold, he shall come up and fly as the eagle, and spread his wings over Bozrah: and at that day shall the heart of the mighty men of Edom be as the heart of a woman in her pangs Jeremiah 49:18,19,21,22
He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. Revelation 19:13
We know that whatever lies ahead, the Lord is with us. We do not need to fear. Notice the great men and prophets that rose us during this time of Captivity- let’s pray for more workers because the harvest is great. Be strong in the Lord and keep your hearts of fire continually flowing with the Mighty Power of the Holy Spirit.
Give Praise and Honor to His Name- the Lord God Almighty and His Precious Son, Lamb of God, The Alpha and Omega, the Word, the Truth, Messiah, King of Kings and Lord of Lords- Jesus is His Name. He is the only way to Salvation. He is the only Way to the Father. He is Our Savior, let us lift up Holy Hands and Praise Him today.
Remember you are here for such a time as this.
Good Video: http://www.eternalweight.com/video-gallery/ew-video-productions on Godtube discussing Babylon and the Apostacy of the Church. (The 3 faces of the Apostacy)