I’m reading through Deuteronomy and selected a verse/s from each chapter that really caught my attention:
- 1:17b Don’t be afraid of anyone’s anger, for the decision you make is God’s decision. Bring me any cases that are too difficult for you, and I will handle them. This verse was for the judges. They were not to judge based on appearances, wealth or anything other than what was right and wrong before God. Seek counsel from the Lord always. Even if others don’t agree with you, you are instructed not to be afraid of anyone’s anger or countenance.
- 2:2a “Then at last the Lord said to me, ‘You have been wandering around in this hill country long enough….. That’s it! It’s time to live in obedience. Time to stop rebelling, complaining and running to other gods and/or man for our our needs. Time to stop wandering and walk in step with the Holy Spirit, walking with the Lord.
- 3:22 Do not be afraid of the nations there, for the Lord your God will fight for you.’ How awesome is that? The Lord our God fights for us. It’s interesting that throughout the bible, we are repeatedly told not to worry or be afraid. We can always trust in the Lord. I remember the verse “and lo, I am with you always, even until the end of this age”
- 4:29a if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him. Am I searching for the Lord with all my heart, soul and mind? What can I change and does anything stand in the way? Read His word daily and read to my children.4:39-40 “So remember this and keep it firmly in mind: The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other.” If you obey all the decrees and commands I am giving you today, all will be well with you and your children….The Lord is in heaven AND earth. If I live a right life pleasing to the Lord, He promises to bless my children. That’s is a great promise!
- 5:28b-29” I have heard what the people said to you, and they are right. Oh, that they would always have hearts like this, that they might fear me and obey all my commands! If they did, they and their descendants would prosper forever.” The Lord wants to have a relationship with us, He wants us to have a heart that loves Him. He loves us so much that He sent His only Son, His love for us is evident every day – in good times and bad. God promises us prosperity, I believe the Lord wants the best for my children, making what is impossible for man, possible before God. I know the Lord has good plans for my children.
- 6:2525 For we will be counted as righteous when we obey all the commands theLord our God has given us.’ Our faith counts us righteous before the Lord, just as Abrahams faith counted Him righteous because of his faith. It is because of Jesus Christ, the righteous servant, who made it possible for me to be counted right because He bore all my sins. That is truly amazing, humbling and awesome!
- Romans 4:5 But people are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners.
- Isaiah 53:11 When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins.
- 7:26 Do not bring any detestable objects into your home, for then you will be destroyed, just like them. You must utterly detest such things, for they are set apart for destruction. This reminds me of a dream my daughter had 2 weeks about the Disney Frozen movie. She dreamt she was sitting in her room and Frozen book was on her bed and she had a necklace with a locket. She was putting olaf, the snowman, in the little locket she had. Suddenly she heard a voice and she said she immediately knew it was God. God said to get the Frozen book off her bed and get rid of that necklace. Take what you want from that, but it moved me to get everything Frozen related out of the house. I never liked olaf to begin with, he always scared me but everyone said he was so cute..so after this dream my daughter had, everyone agreed to get rid of everything. I didn’t know my youngest had a magic frozen game in her either, so time to clean house. Something is wrong with the minion movie too and peter pan – and all of them, I’m sure. I had a super spooky dream/vision of peter pan when I was little and never forgot it. I am pretty sure I was wide awake and saw it, but I was a kid so who knows. I remember being awake and afraid to move because he might see that I was awake and kill me, anywho enough of dreams, maybe it’s nothing but it still spooks me out.** oh and while I’m on the subject, I woke up signing uptown funk by bruno mars one morning. I usually wake up with a praise song, but this morning I was waking up singing it in my head and what is odd is the lyrics (its a part of the song where the lyrics aren’t real clear) were chanting “demons inside of us” over and over to beat. I thought that was really strange -strange enough to where I won’t listen to that song anymore.
- 8:3 Yes, he humbled you by letting you go hungry and then feeding you with manna, a food previously unknown to you and your ancestors. He did it to teach you that people do not live by bread alone; rather, we live by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. – Jesus said that! In the desert when He was tempted… wait I just read something else this morning on food..proverbs 13:24-25 The righteous eats to satisfying of his soul, but the stomach of the wicked shall be in vain….. If that doesn’t make you stop overeating, I don’t know what will.
- 9:23 Lord sent you out with this command: ‘Go up and take over the land I have given you.’ But you rebelled against the command of the Lord your God and refused to put your trust in him or obey him. Yes, you have been rebelling against the Lord as long as I have known you. Do you know what this says to me? Get up! Go! Move! Trust in the Lord and SEEK His counsel in all you do (Johsua 9:14)
- 10:17-22 For the Lord your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords. He is the great God, the mighty and awesome God, who shows no partiality and cannot be bribed. He ensures that orphans and widows receive justice. He shows love to the foreigners living among you and gives them food and clothing. So you, too, must show love to foreigners, for you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt. You must fear the Lord your God and worship him and cling to him. Your oaths must be in his name alone. He alone is your God, the only one who is worthy of your praise, the one who has done these mighty miracles that you have seen with your own eyes. – God show’s no partiality, and we are to do the same to others.
- Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality
- Romans 2:11 For there is no partiality with God.
- Ephesians 6:9 And you, masters, do the same things to them, giving up threatening, knowing that your own Master also is in heaven, and there is no partiality with Him.
- Colossians 3:25 But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality
- 1 Timothy 5:21I charge you before God and the Lord Jesus Christ and the elect angels that you observe these things without prejudice, doing nothing with partiality
- James 2:9but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.
- James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
- 1 Peter 1:17And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay herein fear
- Deut 11:18-21 “So commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates, 21 so that as long as the sky remains above the earth, you and your children may flourish in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors.– BE committed- Set your face like flint to do His will, and know we will not be ashamed
- Isaiah 50:7 For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.
- Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven
12. 12:30 Do not fall into the trap of following their (other nation and religion’s) customs and worshiping their gods. Do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How do these nations worship their gods? I want to follow their example.’ You must not worship the Lord your God the way the other nations worship their gods,
- Pay close attention to all my instructions. You must not call on the name of any other god Do not even speak their names.
Not only are we not to inquire of the ways other nations worship their gods, we are not to speak the name of them. I wonder if studying the other religions, like when my daughter spent all year in History class studying the greek gods and goddesses (required class) along with their perversions. Maybe it seems likes nothing , but when you look at it as God looks at it, I think He sees that as detestable. Consider also the names of gods we use and speak and don’t realize it. Maybe calling out their name brings them into your life? The names in stories, movies, and tv shows – many are the names of the ancient gods and goddesses worshiped. The Lord makes it clear we are not to call out their name or even speak their name. Think about that and look over the lives of the youth around you – video games, books, movies, shows, they are full of the names of gods we are not to speak. Don’t call their names. Time to go back to # 7 and get rid of every detestable thing in our houses.
Peace, I need to clean house and maybe my last post. Amen.